Words have Power

We know our words are a significant part of how we shape our mental health and our image.

The thoughts we create and collect shape the words that we use and the actions that follow.




I spent some time this morning to affirm what I wanted from me and my life and the funny thing is that most of the words started with the letter "P".

 So, I started writing a list of all the "P" words that I want to show up for me everyday and gauge what is their strength and resonance in my life.

This turned out to be some deep fun to keep me on track and sharpen the focus...journalling with flair.

I will pick my top 5, and rate them out of 10.  I may want to come back and rate the difference again at another time.

So here they are my "P" words today in no particular order.

Passion

I rate this one 8 out of 10.  Not sure what a 10 for me would look like, but I think it would be after drinking lots of coffee.  Sometimes passion means to be busy, involved, on target.  When most of the time passion is looking out for what you love and drawing more of that to you.
Right now, passion is the best me, the one that jumps out of bed, curious about my life and enjoying who I am and what I do. Passion feeds into my courage to say bring it on I am ready.


Peace

9 out of 10.  I don't know if I would give a 10 to anything, so 9 is feeling good right now.
Peace is a lot easier to come by when you limit news and social media intake. Peace comes from within, and  it is there when I meditate, when I accept it is what it is, when I let go.  Acceptance of who I am and my circumstances.  Peace is breathing slow and steady with a clear mind and it settles my chattering impulses.

Purposeful

I am giving this one a 4. I only sometimes look out for it and I don't spend as much time asking the "what is my purpose question". It doesn't seem to rate highly for me, not such a big deal.  As long as I am learning and helping and achieving, then purpose is there. No title or label to give it a tag. I am ok with that.  Purposeful sits comfortably in the background.

Play

I am a seeker of play and I want to rate this one a 7.  There has to be more play, more fun and not take myself too seriously.  I want to see the funny side of life, look for the light.  Play with words!  Play can get lost as an adult.  We can organise it and make time for it but it's the disorganised, unexpected moments that is a very natural way of being that I want in my life.

Prosperity

I deserve a dignified comfortable life.  My prosperity rating is 9 out of 10.  This is a strong mental attitude that I affirm every day.  I always get what I need and I know that the world is full of possibilities.  I enjoy this feeling of prosperity and I want it to be strong in my life and as a guiding word for others.

Highly recommend the time out to write down the words you repeat to yourself in your life.  Dig deeper into the words that give you power to fuel your strength of mind and character.



No comments:

Post a Comment