We can use that same premise with the skill of decision making.
"The choices you make, not the chances you take determine your destiny" .... and can I add your decision making and the decisiveness you use in your everyday life develop your character and your intuition and as you master your skill of decisiveness, you become an authority in your ability to design your life.
Up to now you may have been practising your skill of procrastination and have become accustomed to living a "less than" life, perhaps even an authority in how to delay decisions.
Here, I have put together 6, no 5 😄😄😄😄😄 points to aid you in your strengthening exercise for improved decisiveness. 5 simple, though not easy actions to build your strength in decision making and have it serve you.
1. The To Do list will never go out of style. Turn it into your new daily decisive habit, not just a list in your head about what you hope you will achieve. The best way to make it happen is to write it down. Keep it simple, 6 on the list is enough and stick to it. Best time for a to do the list is the night before and that way you are mentally prepared for your new day. Not every day will be a clear path for you to complete your list. That doesn't mean you stop, you keep making the decision every night to have a to do list for the next day.
2. Add stretch to your daily decisions. "Don't expect a different result, if you keep doing the same things' Like any exercise you can plateau so mix in something new when you can. Stretch your thinking, put yourself in situations where you can build your decision making skills. Your decisiveness leads to quiet confidence and the clarity to know what you want and how to achieve it. Your decisiveness is a turning point in what you do, in your behaviour and in your attitude and is core to designing your life.
3. Your words show your thinking. Pay close attention to what you are saying in response to questions. Watch out for phrases like "I don't know, I'm not sure, maybe" Sure sign your ability to know what you want and to put it out there and make a decision is weak. Ok, you may not have the answer just yet, flip your phrases to strengthen your decisiveness. Try phrases like, "that is new for me, I want to know more, It is an important decision and I will consider my answer...or even the simple Yes and No.
4. As part of developing your decisiveness, train yourself to be more aware of your thoughts. You want to develop clarity, belief in who you are, what you can do and what you can attain. Talk to yourself daily in a positive self love, self worth mantra. Flood your thoughts with positive self talk.
5. Test your habits. Your space for new decision making is limited due to the habits you have established. You do the same thing, eat the same food, go to the same places, talk to the same people every day. You can use this opportunity for new decisions, focus on the actions or habits that support you and change the habits that cloud your thinking. Factor your new decision, your new course of action into your To Do and you will strengthen your actions for a new decisive day.
Doors will open up for you when you strengthen your decision making.
You may also like...
First Aid for Problems
The challenge of uncertainty
& Secrets of a Problem Solver